I want to share with you a slightly modified version of a quinoa patty recipe I found back in 2012 from the famous Food Babe. It was initially intended as burger patties but I LOVE LOVE LOVE adding them to my salads (an idea I got from Bridgehead and my obsession for their salads with tiny patties to break up), it adds density and allows your salad to truly feel like a meal.
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry (cooked to package instructions)
- 1 baked sweet potato (peeling optional)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- a few sprigs of diced cilantro
- small onion diced
- 2 inch piece of ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, cumin, and garam masala
- 1/4 tsp mustard seed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- room temp coconut oil for brushing the patties
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients & mix together in a large bowl
- Form mixture into 7-9 patties (depending on the size of your sweet potato)
- Place patties on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Brush the top of the burgers with coconut oil
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and coat this side with coconut oil
- Bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown
They are just so delicious! Try different variations by changing up the size of your sweet potato, swapping the cumin for curry powder, or upping the cayenne to give it a spicier punch!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!