This chickpea salad is one of the first recipes I learnt in my 20’s and it continues to me one of my top 5 go-to foods to bring to a potluck. It’s vegan, gluten free, and dairy free so most people are able to enjoy some. The flavor combination is really cool; every bite is a bit different.
Chickpeas are are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, iron, zinc, phosphorus & B vitamins.
Goji berries are high in antioxidants, contain a wide range of phytonutrients (plant chemicals that have various benefits like reducing oxidative damage to our cells that can lead to various diseases) and contain a solid amount of iron, vitamin C and protein (18/20 amino acids).
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed well
- 1 or 2 clementines or mandarins, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, dry roasted
- ⅓ cup dried goji berries
- ½ cup red onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a dry skillet, quickly dry roast the almonds in a saucepan until golden.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients with a fork and pour over salad.
- Mix well and store in fridge overnight.
- Enjoy 🙂