As you may already know, most conventional dips and spreads out on the market are packed with things like GMO canola oil, sodium, sugar and preservatives.
With the long weekend upon us and the inevitable appetizers that will cross the table, I wanted to share this carrot & walnut pate recipe I discovered in Ann Boroch’s The Candida Cure Cookbook to compliment your crackers or veggies. The walnut content will also help you maintain sanity during your family gatherings with its high vitamin E, omega 3, vitamin, mineral and antioxidant content 😉
The more whole foods you can get onto your family’s table, the less you’ll be eating packaged options that (let’s be honest) aren’t doing you any favors.
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup raw walnuts, toasted
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cooking water from carrots
- Boil carrots, adding garlic at the very end
- Toast walnuts in a skillet
- Mince cilantro
- Add carrots, garlic, walnuts, apple cider vinegar, & sea salt to the food processor and begin to puree. Add water as needed to consistency
- Pour into bowl & mix in cilantro
- Enjoy 🙂